Square One Studios is a creative platform for the visual arts and contemporary culture based in inner-city Sydney.
- Centrally located in Alexandria Sydney
- On a bike lane, and short walk to Green Square Station
- Close to the creative hub and cafes of McEvoy Street
- Generous on-site parking available
ANIMATION, ARCHITECTURE, ARTIST LED CULTURE, ASSEMBLAGE, CERAMICS, COLLAGE, DESIGN, DRAWING, EDUCATION, FURNITURE, GRAPHIC DESIGN, ILLUSTRATION, INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, INTERIOR DESIGN, INSTALLATION, MIXED MEDIA, MULTIMEDIA, NEW MEDIA, NEW TECHNOLOGY, OBJECTS, OPINION, PAINTING, PERFORMANCE, PHOTOGRAPHY, PRINTMAKING, SCULPTURE, SOUND & LIGHT, STREET ART, TEXTILE, TRADITIONAL MEDIA & VIDEO
CREATIVE OFFICE SPACES & STUDIOS
WITHIN A PROFESSIONAL CREATIVE ART STUDIO COMPLEX IN THE HEART OF ALEXANDRIA
A MODERN SECURE FIRST FLOOR SPACE CLOSE TO GREEN SQUARE STATION, THE SYDNEY ART STORE, HARDWARE SHOPS, ART GALLERIES AND CAFES
The complex has a shared kitchen, WiFi, generous on-site parking. Close to bus and on bike routes, 8-minute drive to the CBD, 5-minute walk to Green Square Station. Price includes power, water, WiFi and GST.
Square One Studios started over four years ago in a large cardboard folding factory in Erskineville and now has moved to Alexandria and we now have over 850 m2 which house 40 studios with over 45 creatives in a smart and secure building.
I am proud to have in-house a very broad mix of tenants including: sculptors, cartoonists, painters, installation artists, product designers, photographers, ceramic artists, writers and we are the home of TACA (The Australia Ceramics Association).
Two magazines are produced in-house: The Journal of Australian Ceramics and Art Monthly Australasia.
Because we do not rely on funding, we have to be self supporting and therefore must meet the needs of our tenants. We provide a varied service to our artists. The studios are clean, quiet and secure. There is advice at hand and opportunities to exhibit.
We have become a destination for gallerists and curators.
Square One Studios is now a dynamic creative hub because of our strong mix of tenants.
Title: The White Room
Artists: Avi Amesbury, Somchai Charoen, Lynda Draper, Danica Firulovic, Shaun Hayes, Ruth Ju-Shih Li, Chantal Labbe, Cherie Peyton, Natalie Rosin, Tony Bond, Merran Esson, Vicki Grima, Ingrid, Bronwyn Kemp, Machiko Motoi, Simon Reece and Jo Wood
Description: Art Month, March 2017
Art Monthly Australasia
Sydney editorial office
The Australian Ceramics Association
Connecting Promoting Engaging
Australian studio ceramics
Recording & Mix Engineer
Artist 不 NOT
Charlotte Le Brocque
Dr Gareth Jenkins
Galactic Peacock Productions
Sound Recordist/Sound Designer
SQUARE ONE STUDIOS
32 Bowden Street
Alexandria NSW 2015
PO Box 584 Woollahra NSW 1350
Visiting / Deliveries:
- Navigate to 32 Bowden St Alexandria
- Go down driveway towards black gates
- Phone the person you are visiting
- Or buzz the Harvey Norman intercom
- 2 loading zone parking spots available
- Navigate to 27 McCauley St Alexandria
- Enter via Harvey Norman car park
- Park in SQ1 (9) allocated parking spaces
- Walk to the driveway on the far left (along the canal)
- Look for the big red square above entry on right
- Enter SQ1
- From Green Square Station walk towards the Fire Station
- Follow the bike sign 'To Alexandria'
- Turn left into Bourke Street, walk ~350m
- Turn right into Bowden Street, walk ~200m
- The entry is on your right
(via driveway at 32 Bowden St)
- ANU School of Art
- Artereal Gallery
- Art Monthly Australasia
- The Australian Ceramics Association
- 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art
- Kerrie Lowe Gallery
- Mansfield Ceramics
- Martin Browne Contemporary
- National Art School
- NAVA - National Association for the Visual Arts
- Sabbia Gallery
- Stella Downer Fine Art
- UNSW Art & Design
Subscribe (quarterly mailout):